This lapbook was designed to meet Tennessee’s 3rd Grade Social Studies Standards for the continent of Africa. However, this lapbook could be used in any upper elementary classroom. The focus of this lapbook is African’s history, culture, and geography. This lapbook can be made into a custom lapbook or be used with your Social Studies Interactive Notebooks. All note sheets included can be used with any textbook, article, or video. Use the materials that fit the needs of your classroom!
Interactive Notes Included:
- Lapbook Covers (4 different versions)
- Flip Map of African Countries
- Flip Map of Continents
- Flip Map of Continents with African notes
- Africa’s Geography Flapbooks ( 2 versions + Editable)
- Kenya’s Economy Flapbook
- Kenya’s Flower Exports Circle Graphs (2 versions)
- Africa’s Economy Reading Passage
- Import and Export Sort (Editable)
- African Culture Flipbooks (Clip art & Editable versions)
- Ancient Snapshot (Ancient Egypt & Editable version)
Included with these activities is a short reading on Kenya’s Economy. The passage explains imports and exports of Kenya. Students can use the passage to fill in notes about Kenya’s economy and complete the Imports and Exports sorting activity.
Please check out a preview of this product for an example lapbook and preview of interactive note sheets. These are just the templates to create your lapbook and interactive notes. Curriculum reading materials are NOT included in this product. This product is meant to be used with your current resources and curriculum. Please note the preview is not the highest resolution due to upload restrictions. The actual file contains high resolution PDFs in a ZIP file. Please make sure you know how to unzip the file before downloading.
If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know!
I hope you can use this product to enhance your students’ learning!