You will find 28 amazing, African animal photographic puzzles in this file to accompany your unit on African savannah habitat, Jungle/Safari animals, zoo animals, or finding kosher animals. You will have the 8.5X11 "posters" of the animals for books and instruction, as well the 8.5X11 puzzles (12 pieces each) that you can cut apart and reassemble.
Animals Included in Product:
Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Crocodile, Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Orangutan, Porcupine, Tortoise, Rhinoceros, Hippopotamus, Elephant, Meerkat, Warthog, African Water Buffalo, Giraffe, Kudu, Impala, Oryx, Zebra, Ostrich, Masked Lovebird Parrot, Black-footed Penguin, Pelican, Flamingo, and Vulture
How to use:
- Use the puzzles in Centers
- Use the puzzles for Team Building Skills (race to finish the puzzle)
- Use the high quality 8.5X11 posters for Classroom Books
- Use photos for language and vocabulary development (naming animals, habitat, characteristics, body parts)
- Develop visual and analytical Skills while doing puzzles
- Use photos in a Floor-Size Memory Game with two copies of each, or Naming Animals in the game Around the World (just cover the names with a sticky)
Each magnificent page is labeled with the animal name in the corner. The puzzles have straight, dashed lines to show you where to cut them into 12 separate puzzle pieces. Each animal comes with a black and white (grey) 8.5X11 page to print as a guiding mat for your young students as they complete the puzzles, and a full-colored 8.5X11 page of each animal that you can print and put in a file folder with the puzzle pieces or bind to make a class book.
NOTE- The photos have a colored border around them because there was no way to totally make all the photos have the same size and same proportions unless I cropped parts of the animal out; and I didn't want to crop off body parts. I want children to see the whole animal - head, body, feet, tail, etc... when possible. So the colored borders fill in the empty space and make all photos 8.5X11.
Thanks for stopping by!
- FOLLOW my TpT store so you will find out when I have store sales and new products
- Earn credits toward other TpT purchases by rating products from your "MY PURCHASES" tab.
- To see all my store products, click on my store name- Brain-based Learning Hub.
- Let's connect on social media: Facebook & Pinterest