Afro-Latino Music Black History Month in Spanish Class Bell Ringers Afro-Latinx
Also included in
- This is a middle school Spanish bundle of resources to use in a novice Spanish class. Present Tense Spanish Mega Bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Try out some comprehensible input with ready-to-go, teacher-tested units focusing on Spanish Super 7Price $69.99Original Price $92.40Save $22.41
- This Spanish class routines bundle of Editable Google Slides includes everything you need for 1 full year of bell ringers in Spanish class. It could be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class startePrice $28.99Original Price $34.45Save $5.46
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $144.99Original Price $187.78Save $42.79
- This is a growing bundle of diverse, editable Google Slides Afro-Latinx music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class. These Afro-Latino resources are perfect for Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month or to diversify your representation in Spanish class all year long. There are culturePrice $15.99Original Price $18.49Save $2.50
This Spanish Afro-Latinx music editable Google Slides music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class is perfect for any time of the year in Spanish class to showcase the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. In particular, you could use one song per day or a music bracket for Black History Month or Hispanic Heritage Month. There are culture-filled songs from Afro-Latino artists that can be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class starter or brain break in Spanish class.
⭐️ For the best deal get the Afro-Latinx - BUNDLE this resource plus all Afro-Latinx Music
This Afro-Latinx Music resource for Spanish class includes
- ✅ 22 Editable Google slides of different songs authentic songs in Spanish
- ✅ Diverse songs in Spanish featuring Afro-Latinx artists for each day of school during Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, a music bracket, or weekly songs all year for música miércoles.
- ✅ Each Afro-Latino music slide includes the title, artist, link to the video, embedded video, and country with map.
- ✅ Instructions to the teacher on multiple ways to use this Spanish resource
- ✅ Youtube playlist of the Afro-Latinx songs for Spanish class
This resource was created in 2019 to use with high school students to show the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. As always, please preview songs and videos to make sure you would want to use them with your particular students and school. You can choose to play audio only or to edit and replace songs you do not want to use. The newer Afro-Latinx #3 or Afro-Latinx Music 4 are more middle-school or more conservative-friendly if that is what you are looking for.
Please note you must have access to Youtube to play the songs. They can be used as a quick 5-minute bell ringer as a classroom management routine or expanded on for much longer using your own additional resources. *There are no activities included for the included songs, just slides* Many teachers have made this into a playoff bracket as well.
A Best Seller with 90+ 5 Star reviews
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students have LOVED listening to a wide variety of Spanish songs during BHM. It has not only shown them the diversity in Spanish, but also music. They ask every day if we are going to do the "music bracket." I also love how the videos are embedded and there is information about each group/artist on the slides. - Kaylee W
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Used these as bell ringers. I think it's important to make sure they know how diverse Latinos are and this helps - great resource. - Kathy K
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used these as bell ringers during Black History Month last year. I plan to use them again this year. My students loved hearing music from around the world and even downloaded some of the suggested songs! We also took it a step further and discussed the songs in novice Spanish. - Ginger I
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Students always love music. This is a great way to include music and some cultural teaching and discussion as well as informing students about BHM and or opening up discussions about social justice and/or oppressed minorities and how/why we can recognize and give voice to those. - Johnna
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is SO IMPORTANT to include in your daily classes! Thank you for making this and it sparked some very interesting and uncomfortable conversations. - Tienda de la Srta
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Or for the best deal, purchase the Mis Clases Locas Mega Music Bundle to get these slides plus Afro-latinx - BUNDLE, Hispanic Heritage Month Music Bundle, Music Brackets Bundle, Música miércoles BUNDLE & Baile viernes Bundle.
+ here is a free voting form you may be interested in if you make this into a music bracket
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will find the Google Slideshow in a folder on your Drive called TPT purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. read Música miércoles
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources &inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.