Afro-Latino Music for Black History Month in Spanish Class 2 Afro-Latinx Music
Also included in
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $144.99Original Price $187.78Save $42.79
- This is a growing bundle of diverse, editable Google Slides Afro-Latinx music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class. These Afro-Latino resources are perfect for Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month or to diversify your representation in Spanish class all year long. There are culturePrice $15.99Original Price $18.49Save $2.50
This Afro-Latinx music editable Google Slides music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class are perfect for any time of the year in Spanish class to showcase the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. In particular, you could use one song per day or a music bracket for Black History Month or Hispanic Heritage Month. There are culture-filled songs from Afro-Latino artists that can be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class starter or brain break.
⭐️ For the best deal get the Afro-Latinx - BUNDLE this resource plus all Afro-Latinx Music
This Afro-Latinx Music resource for Spanish class includes
- ✅ 22 MORE Editable Google slides of different songs authentic songs in Spanish
- ✅ Diverse songs in Spanish featuring Afro-Latinx artists for each day of school during Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, a music bracket, or weekly songs all year for música miércoles.
- ✅ Each slide includes the title, artist, link to the video, embedded video, and country with map.
- ✅ Instructions to the teacher on multiple ways to use this resource,
- ✅ Youtube playlist of the songs
This resource was created in 2020 to use with high school students to show the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. As always, please preview songs and videos to make sure you would want to use them with your particular students and school. You can choose to play audio only or to edit and replace songs you do not want to use. The newer Afro-Latinx #3 or Afro-Latinx Music 4 are more middle-school or more conservative-friendly if that is what you are looking for.
Please note you must have access to Youtube to play the songs. They can be used as a quick 5-minute bell ringer as a classroom management routine or expanded on for much longer using your own additional resources. *There are no activities included for the included songs, just slides* Many teachers have made this into a playoff bracket as well.
What other teachers say about this popular Afro-Latinx Music resource
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I try to be inclusive as to all the Latino ethnicities and this was great. Used as bell ringers at the beginning of class, they love music and stay engaged. - Kathy (9th-12th grade)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Gran recurso. Fue genial ver diferentes artistas que uno no conoce y ver el impacto que han hecho en la música. - Sra. Ramos
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I love showing these types of videos during Black History Month because it highlights the diversity and rich culture of el mundo latino! - Cathy T
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ What an amazing, engaging resource to represent all students! - Dejaka (7th grade)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Or for the best deal, purchase the Mis Clases Locas Mega Music Bundle to get these slides plus Afro-latinx - BUNDLE, Hispanic Heritage Month Music Bundle, Music Brackets Bundle, Música miércoles BUNDLE & Baile viernes Bundle.
+ here is a free voting form you may be interested in if you make this into a music bracket
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will find the Google Slideshow in a folder on your Drive called TPT purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. read Música miércoles
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.