After Winter Break Spanish Weekend Chat Digital Activities PRETERITE el invierno
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Here is everything you need to teach about Winter Holidays in Spanish class. This Spanish class Navidad bundle could be adapted for any level you teach including middle school Spanish, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or Spanish 3. Get students chatting in Spanish about a variety of winter celebrations in SpanPrice $15.99Original Price $18.96Save $2.97
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $69.99Original Price $89.38Save $19.39
- Are you struggling to get your students speaking in Spanish in class? This growing Spanish mega bundle of differentiated interpersonal speaking activities was designed as a mix of communicative task cards, Find Someone Who in Spanish, and Digital Weekend Chat to get Spanish students talking and moviPrice $109.99Original Price $142.24Save $32.25
Are you struggling with what to do the day after Thanksgiving break or the day after Winter Break in upper-level Spanish class using the preterite tense? This editable Google slide show includes variations of a weekend chat or talk for Spanish class to review the preterite. It includes a variety of communicative activities in Spanish to get students reading, talking, and writing the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Winter break.
Spanish Post Winter Break Weekend Chat Slides Includes
- ✅ Editable Google Slide Show with 30 slides
- ✅ 15 Winter Break Chat Class Starter Slides (divided into Reading, Speaking & Writing)
- ✅ 15 Winter Break Chat Discussion Slides (flip through as a class or in small groups)
- ✅ Preterite tense practice talking about specific events of the break.
- ✅ Differentiated options to support all learners
- ✅ Fully digital post-break plan for distance learning, absent students, or a paperless class
This editable Google slide show would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over Winter break. It is a great way to review or introduce the past tense (preterite). Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier version slides.
It is a great way to start class on Monday or after a break that personalizes content to your students. It focuses on the preterite tense talking about specific events of the break.
Includes: 15 Break Chat class starter slides & 15 Break Chat Discussion Slides
- The first 15 Weekend Chat class starter activity slides would be great to post as the first activity on a Monday after the break. They are separated into reading, speaking & writing practice & could fill up a whole class period.
- The second 15 are general questions to click through and discuss or have students write down or discuss answers. You could pick a few to focus on and discuss after each break. For distance learning, you could go through the slides together or maybe have students answer the questions using Flipgrid and respond to each other, or have students go through them in small groups in breakout rooms.
What are other Spanish teachers saying about post-winter break digital slides?
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love doing chats with my classes and these make it so easy. There are also activities in here included so the students who don't travel will still be able to find things to talk about. - 9th-12th grade Spanish teacher
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was great to use coming back from the break. The kids jumped right into conversation and that set the expectations for the rest of the semester. - Amanda B
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a fun way to get back into the swing of things after our winter break - Marisa C (10th grade Spanish teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource for beginners with scaffolding! - Erin S (10th grade)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great activity to start off 2nd semester! - Elizabeth R (9th, 10th & 11th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ It is always nice to have a pre-designed set of questions and ideas for discussing with the class. Very thorough and visually appealing - Alexandra K
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great to use these after the break and practice the preterite. Definitely gets the students talking! - Janice M
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
⭐ Get the Winter Holidays Bundle for the best deal on all of my Winter resources all together including these Digital Post Break Slides plus Para Empezar - Holiday, Find Someone Who - post-holiday break, Find Someone Who - PRE holiday break & Los Reyes Magos - reading.
⭐ This is a fully digital resource. If you would prefer a similar activity post-break that is a printable worksheet instead/ in addition to this activity, I would suggest Find Someone Who - post-holiday break.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google Resource that once you click Add to Drive, will be added to your Google Drive in a Folder called TPT Purchases
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. - Para Empezar
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.