Also included in
- A variety of March STEM activities, April STEM activities, and technology resources and to welcome the season of Spring for elementary students of all ages. _____________________________________Can be sent to students virtually to use at home for distance learning. #distancelearning #distancelearni$21.00$28.00Save $7.00
- Integrate your content with these STEM literacy activities. 5 ready-to-go lessons for elementary students of all ages.===========================================After reading the story, go through this STEM activity and the Engineering Design Process with the following:STEM Challenge CardEngineering$19.00$25.00Save $6.00
activities to guide students through the Engineering Design Process to accompany the story by Dan Santat. Great for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd grades.
After reading the story, go through this After the Fall book activities and the Engineering Design Process with the following:
- STEM Challenge Card
- Engineering Design Task Checklist to keep track of work
- Inspiration & Research Video Links
- Key vocabulary to help with measuring build: centimeter, inches, height, length, measure, unit
- Planning Sheet for building design
- Draw or insert images of final design sheet
- End of activity reflection sheet
Visual teacher lesson plans are also included to help you with your planning and teaching this STEM & Stories lesson.
- Anchor charts to support the process of taking a clear picture of work
- Anchor charts for adding student work to Seesaw
Google Slide, Powerpoint, PDF and JPGs are included in this product to meet varying sharing needs. Directions for creating a Seesaw activity are also included.
Full size, half size and quarter-page size (of PDFs).
Common Core State Standards Addressed:
Kindergarten: RL.K.10, RL.K.3 SL.K.5, SL.K.2, SL.K.1a, K.W.6, K.W.8
First Grade: RL.1.10, RL.1.7, RL.1.3, SL.1.6, SL.1.5, SL.1.2, SL.1.1a, 1.W.6, 1.W.8, 1.MD.A.2
Second Grade: RL.2.10, RL.2.7, SL.2.5, SL.2.2, SL.2.1a, 1.W.6, 1.W.8, 2.MD.A.1, 2.MD.A.2
Third Grade: RL.3.10, SL3.2, W.3.6, W.3.10
Next Generation Science Standards Addressed:
Engineering Design Process
K-2: NGSS K-2-ETS1-1, NGSS K-2-ETS1-3, NGSS K-2-ETS1-2
3rd: NGSS 3-5-ETS1-1, NGSS 3-5-ETS1-3, NGSS 3-5-ETS1-2
Mathematical Practices Addressed:
MP1: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
MP5: Use appropriate tools strategically
- Regular Kindergarten-3rd grade classrooms
- STEM/STEAM Labs & Makerspace
- Technology Labs
- Science Experiments
- Math Hands- On Learning
- Centers Rotation
- Substitute/Sub Plans
- Library & Media centers
- After-School Clubs
- Extension Groups
- Summer Clubs
- Specialized Classes
Love integrating literacy with STEM? Check out my other STEM & Stories resources for your classroom!
When you purchase a product from my store, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to classrooms in need of technology to enhance their students’ learning experience.
Connect with me for more inspiration!
Navigating STEM & tech in the K-5 classroom.
Click here to be updated when new products are posted.