After the Fall by Dan Santat Activities and Graphic Organizers Book Companion
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This pack includes literacy graphic organizers for: The Bad Seed by Jory JohnA Bad Case of the Stripes by David ShannonI Am Enough by Grace ByersAfter the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again by Dan SantatThe literacy book companions include NO PREP graphic organizers appropriate for students iPrice $14.00Original Price $22.80Save $8.80
- This pack includes literacy graphic organizers for: A Bad Case of the Stripes by David ShannonAfter the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again by Dan Santat Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth by Oliver JeffersI Am Enough by Grace ByersRuby Finds a Worry by Tom PercivalStuck by Oliver JPrice $35.00Original Price $52.05Save $17.05
- Are you looking for resources that teach more than 10 comprehension skills while helping you promote a growth mindset in the classroom?Having a growth mindset helps your students achieve their educational and personal goals. Whereas those with a fixed mindset believe intelligence is fixed from birthPrice $28.00Original Price $46.20Save $18.20
- Explore this self-esteem bundle of picture books filled with comprehension and literacy activities.Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into self-esteem-related picture books with this comprehensive set of activities. The self-esteem activities are fun, NO-PRPrice $50.00Original Price $76.00Save $26.00
- Explore this determination and persistence bundle of picture books filled with comprehension and literacy activities.Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into determination-related picture books with this comprehensive set of activities. The determination actPrice $52.00Original Price $77.35Save $25.35
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach reading comprehension strategies? Look no further! Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into After the Fall by Jory John with this comprehensive set of activities.
The After the Fall literacy activities are fun, easy to use, differentiated, and specifically connected to the book through imagery and quotes.
The worksheets are open-ended, so your students can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
After the Fall promotes a growth mindset, perseverance, and courage and that it's okay to fail and see how we can overcome our fears by trying again.
These themes are reinforced further with After the Fall read-aloud questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book. Try some of the After the Fall questions in your classroom today by visiting this blog post.
Find everything you need in one time-saving literacy resource for After the Fall by Jory John.
Prep is quick and easy. Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
This After the Fall literacy resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering different comprehension skills.
- Asking and answering questions
- Author’s purpose
- Cause and effect
- Character traits
- Compare and contrast
- Inferring and predicting
- Main idea and theme
- Making connections
- Point of view
- Problem and solution
- Retelling and sequencing
Your students will love practicing comprehension skills in engaging ways, engaging in active and meaningful discussions, working on challenging but achievable activities suitable for different abilities, making connections with their own experiences and playing cut-and-stick activities and games.
- Activities and games related to the cause and effect in After the Fall.
- Activities explore the character traits in After the Fall, along with anchor chart labels.
- The read-aloud questions come as a list, individual cards and as sticky note templates. The After the Fall questions include inference, prediction, making connections, point of view, character traits and much more!
- After the Fall inferring and predicting activities.
- Main idea and theme with specific examples related to After the Fall.
- Making connections to the themes and actions in After the Fall, including text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.
- Point of view activities related to the characters, author and narrator of After the Fall.
- After the Fall retelling and sequencing activities with text and visual images, including black and white and colored versions.
Each comprehension skill has activities with different difficulty levels, so all you have to do is choose the best pages for your student’s needs.
Many of the After the Fall activities have boxes your students can respond to with text or illustrations, depending on their ability.
This resource is perfect for:
- reading and writing workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centers
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
This After the Fall book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book, for example, ideas for sequencing and the main idea and theme.
The After the Fall book activities and questions and activities are opinion based and open-ended for easy differentiation.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
⭐️ TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
“There are so many possible lessons you could teach with all of these materials! They're also very visually appealing.” Allyson
"I used during an observation. AP was impressed. Thank you for your extensive resource." Sandy
"I used this resource during our summer school program with second grade students (that will start third grade in August). I loved the resource, and had never read the book before, so it was something that not only my students enjoyed, but I did as well. Thank you." Wendy
"This is a great resource that touches on so many literacy expectations! Also provides tasks for multiple learning levels! Love it!" Jennifer
"I used this for several different age groups and the students found it an excellent match with the book. I have shorter classes this year due to Covid so I can't wait until next year when I can dive more deeply into this resource." Heather
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single-classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.