Includes the schwa (or lazy vowel) in order to prepare children to learn lengthier words in subsequent weeks. Introduces adding common suffixes to words. Most weeks cover two sets of spellings per week.
Over 400 spelling and writing activity sheets with space themed writing challenges along with a certificate, activity guide and Powerpoint flashcards.
– Space Walk: Trace the spelling in lowercase, uppercase and cursive
– Write in the Milky Way: Trace the spelling with funky writing
– Alien Code: Have a go at the tricky challenge of writing the spelling backwards!
– Shooting Stars: Match each letter of the spelling to the relevant shooting stars
– Astronaut’s Washing Line: Cut out the mixed up letters at the bottom of the sheet and then stick them in the correct order to the washing line
– Word races: Cut out and glue the dice. Roll it and write the word. Which word gets to the finish line first? (Play alone and with a friend)
– Word Art: Colour the space style words and have a go at creating your own
Powerpoint flashcards can be used on whiteboards and screens and printed off and used as cards or for displays.
A free long term planner is available here including details of all available units.