Age of Absolutism Policical Cartoon analysis
is a funa nd engaging way to address the politics and policies of the absolute rulers while practicing analysis skills!
This handout provides 5 political cartoons from the Age of Absolutism on which students analyze the cartoons to determine the characteristics of absolute rulers, the varying perspectives on absolutism, and the judgment of the rules in that age.
Wrap-up questions can be completed as individuals or as a whole class to prompt discussion.
Specific answers are NOT provided since it is important for students to analyze based on what they individually see in each image, but guiding titles or notes are provides for some.
See my other Social Studies activities in my TpT Store!
• Absolute Monarchs Age of Absolutism Centers & Response Activity
• Absolutism in Europe PPt Divine Right of Kings All European Nations
• Absolutism to Revolutions Who Am I Review Game Cards World History
• Absolutism to Revolutions Who Am I? Worksheet World History
• Execution of Louis XVI French Revolution Primary Source Analysis Activity
• Political Cartoons Activity on Oliver Cromwell and English Civil War