Also included in
- Includes:1. Reader's theater script on Columbus: See Sample: Christopher Columbus: A Reader's Theater Script2. Reader's Theater Script on Marco Polo: See Sample: Marco Polo: A Reader's Theater Script3. Age of Discovery web quest: See Sample: Age of Discovery: A WebquestYou may find this resource of$13.32$15.00Save $1.68
Studying the Age of Exploration? This fun and informative webquest will be a great resource to use with your students(grades 4-8)
There are 14 questions and lots of extension activities and links. There are also comprehension questions to use after the completion of the web quest.
NOTE: If you'd like a student version so you can use it with Google Classrooms and not have the teacher section with the key, just email me via Q/A and I will be happy to send you a copy.
NOTE: Columbus,Magellan, Prince Henry, Henry Hudson, Vasco Da Gama, Marco Polo, Juan Ponce de Leon, Sir Francis Drake, Amerigo Vespucci are covered. Also
Latitude/longitude, sea monsters,navigational tools, timelines,St. Brendan, Zheng He, Vikings are mentioned in extension activities.
Perhaps, these additional resources may be of interest:
1. Why not also try my Secret Message activity on the Age of Exploration? The activity involves students working individually or in groups to review the Age of Exploration. Then,a following direction activity is next where students place letters from the different answers into boxes found at the end of the activity page. Once all the boxes are filled, a "secret message" about the Age of Exploration is revealed! The teacher page includes additional information to share about the "secret message". It's a fun way to reinforce important terms/people of the Age of Exploration!
2. Learn about Christopher Columbus with this informative play. There are 10 questioners asking questions of Columbus. Additionally, comprehension questions and discussion questions are included. Use with a unit on the Age of Discovery or during October for Columbus Day. Christopher Columbus, A Reader's Theater Script
3. Use this informative Reader's Theater Script to learn about Marco Polo. Marco Polo helped to start the Age of Discovery with his book on his adventures to China. The fun/informative play uses the format of Marco Polo being a guest on a talk show and the studio audience asks questions about his life. Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee's Talk Show Series. Marco Polo, A Reader's Theater Script
4. Studying the Vikings? Looking for a Reader's Theater Script in Social Studies? Check out this script on the Vikings and Leif Ericsson and his father, Erik the Red.
Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee Talk Show Series of plays, Leif Ericsson and his father, Eric the Red are guests on Ms. Bie Ografee's Talk Show. They share information about their lives and the Vikings. There is a Did You Know? section of fun facts, reading comprehension questions and a teacher section with lots of extension activities, links and the key.The Vikings(Interview with Leif Erikkson and Erik the Red): A Reader's Theater Script
5. Hanno, Phoenician Sea Explorer: Hanno, Phoenician Sea Explorer