Engage students visually with an illustrated timeline project on the Age of Enlightenment.
- Students are given an event or individual related to the Age of Enlightenment.
- Students work individually or in groups to research the event.
- The students write a short paragraph about the event and provide an illustration related to the event.
- Students can play a game with the cards or hang the timeline up immediately.
Students can work on Age of Enlightenment cards in class, as an extension, or as an activity center. The timeline cards are just one more way to provide easy differentiation within your classroom. Provide these along with other Age of Enlightenment activities to engage students different interests and learning styles.
This detailed guide includes:
-Complete teacher’s guide for a 90 minute lesson
-Student handouts including directions and blank timeline cards + directions for engaging timeline game with their own cards as the pieces.
-30+ topics for inclusion in the timeline
-A complete list of materials
Perfect for cooperative group work, this activity engages students in inquiry-based learning. Use with other Age of Enlightenment: Activities and Projects
NOTE: Students will have to research individual topics or use to assess student knowledge of Age of Enlightenment events and people.
Skills Developed in this lesson:
- Students will research an event or topic related to the Age of Enlightenment.
- Students will analyze their information and present their analysis in a short paragraph.
- Students will further provide evidence of their analysis through an illustration related to the topic.
- Students will make connections between their individual topic and other topics that occurred in the same time period (ongoing beyond this activity).
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.