Review the Age of Exploration
with this ready-to-go document analysis and DBQ writing prompt.
Students can work in small groups to complete the analysis and categorization guide and then transition to individual work to complete the writing prompt.
Topics covered include:
Changes in Africa, Asia, Americas and Europe
Conquests in America
European Rewards/Goals for Exploration
Slavery and Slave Transport
Student handouts are included with an analysis guide and a writing prompt page for student collaboration and then individual completion.
This is a great activity to use at the end of an Age of Exploration Unit, helping students to process the content from the lessons (and the included primary source documents) and allowing teachers an easy assessment tool for student comprehension.
This is designed as an interactive lesson where students collaborate to collect information as they discuss topics on the various documents. Teaching suggestions and directions for setting up the lesson are included.
Please open the PREVIEW to see this entire resource.
Need additional resources for your Exploration Unit? This resource and all of the following resources are included in the Age of Exploration Complete 15 Day Unit:
• Age of Exploration Unit Plan with Bellringers, Daily Activities, and Exit Prompts (PREVIEW)
• Age of Exploration Introduction & Sunken Ship Activity
• Walking Tour of the Age of Exploration World Activity
• Explorers Internet Reliability Research Activity
• Age of Exploration Famous Explorers Newscasts Research Activity
• Columbian Exchange Trade Route Activity
• Christopher Columbus' Journal Primary Source Analysis Activity
• Age of Exploration Document Based Question (DBQ) Activity
• Age of Exploration Illustrated Timeline Activity
• Age of Exploration Study Guide and Unit Test w/ Answer Key
See my TpT Store for other great Social Studies activities!