This is a great 2-part assignment for the European Age of Exploration. The first part is a fill-in, close style, passage about the progress and challenges of economic growth and world travel of European History. The second part is an inquiry research paragraph. I give 5 paths of research to choose from. Choices include exploration of the Dutch, Spanish, and more. Students will appreciate being given a choice, and can then share out their learning to the rest of the class.
This can be a great Middle School resource for a quiz, test, classwork, homework, or collaboration in Social Studies.
Terms used: Black death, Gold, slave trade, capitalism, ideas
The timeline of Middle Ages to Renaissance changed the world in many ways. Progress in travel, trade, and philosophy. Europeans risked life, money, and resources to find new routes around the world.
Try my TOP 7 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
7. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged