Lesson #3 of 3 in Age of Exploration Unit
16 slide power point that covers:
- The development and major characteristics of the economic system of mercantilism
- The conquest of the Aztec & Inca Empires and the development of the Spanish Colonialism
- The use of the encomienda land grant system to extract labor and valuable resources from the Americas
- The mass extinction of the American population due to forced labor and communicable diseases
- The development of Triangular trade and the resulting African Diaspora
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- Numerous maps to support understanding of concepts such as the extent of the European Colonial American Empires and Triangular (Trans-Atlantic) Trade
- Graphics, Diagrams, and political cartoons to support understanding of the economic benefits of Mercantilism and the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
- Pictures and primary artwork for a rich understanding of difficult events such as the fall of the American Empires, the Small Pox epidemic, and the Middle Passage
- 5 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, graphic organizers and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***Intended for use in Global History classrooms in preparation for the New York State Global Regents & Geography Exam***