This project is a creative way to demonstrate mastery of a unit. Students will use their notes and class discussion to create a soundtrack based on 5 themes covered for the unit on Exploration. Students will choose a song that matches each theme covered in the unit along with an excerpt of the lyrics, link to the song, and an explanation of why the song fits with the theme.
*This document will allow you to make changes as you see fit.*
The following themes are:
• Beginnings of Exploration: Countries are eager to explore new lands to expand their territory.
• Christopher Columbus: An explorer who documented interactions with the indigenous people of the Americas.
• The Colombian Exchange: The exchange of foods, animals, and disease between the Old and New World.
• The Atlantic Slave Trade: The transport of Africans to the Americas to use them for labor.
• Globalization: Exploration increased the trade among territories on an international scale.
The document you will download includes the following:
• Directions to the project with a detailed breakdown of requirements.
• A section to include a breakdown on when each part of the project is due for peer review.
• A detailed rubric with a point value system.
• A section for you to make additional comments about the project as well as a section for the student to write a reflection.