Save $$$ with this bundled pack to get you started on your spy genre unit, or simply to practice some critical thinking. Contained are engaging activities for reading, writing, speaking and listening. All are designed to engage students and link their thinking to previous knowledge (activate their schemata). Included:
* Assassination Puzzle - The Spy Files
* Observation Aptitude Test - The Spy Files
* Equipment Assignment Logic Puzzle - The Spy Files
* Know / learn / do grid (for students to activate their schemata and have voice and choice; exclusive to this pack)
* Spy reading (getting started with literature circles or reading groups; exclusive to this pack)
* Debrief (i.e. guided reflection writing; exclusive to this pack)
The challenges demonstrate the need for them to really engage their brains, and put emphasis on teamwork, collaboration and THINKING. They also reflect the type of challenges protagonists in spy stories face, and how things can be far from what they seem before analysis.
I have used this with mixed ability classes, including ‘gifted’ students, those with special educational needs and those with English as an additional language – all (except the most extreme cases) can take part and contribute to feel they have had their say in their learning.
Questions or comments? Please feel free to drop me a note below. I'm always happy to help!
***All new products are launched with discounts for the first 48 hours! Interested? Just click on the star above to follow me and get notifications for when this happens!***