These agree and disagree response cards are a perfect way to incorporate active participation and formative assessment into your various lessons.
- Print out the page, cut each card, and then laminate them back to back- one side agree, and one side disagree.
* One set is gray/white combo, the other is white/white combo. Some students catch
on to the color coding.
Ways to use:
- Students hold up the side they feel best answers the question or statement.
- Students can match up with like or unlike responses for debate.
- Pass out the random sides up to each student and they have to state a supporting reason for that side of the argument.
- For the teacher, the gray/white side combo option makes it easy for you to quickly scan the classroom and see the responses.
- For the students, the thumbs up and down picture is a scaffolding support for students as it provides a visual representation of the word.
- Students must commit to an answer and can't say "I don't know".
- Students are physically engaged.
- All students have to answer.
- Formative assessment!