Hi Science, Garden and Farm educators!
This is Unit 1 of our AgriSTEM Kids “Growing First Aid Kit™” Curriculum. In this Curriculum you will be able to design an indoor or outdoor Growing First Aid Kit while teaching your students STEM and exposing them to STEM careers. Lessons 1 through 3 of the a multi-part theme focused on Agricultural Chemistry. At the end of the 3 part unit, your scholars will learn how to make their very own Natural Mosquito Repellent.
These lessons are geared toward 1st to 3rd graders as a part of garden or farm education STEM program. This Unit is usually done in February-March when the garden isn’t quite ready in USDA Plant Hardiness Zone 7b , but can be used year round and adapted to lower and higher grade levels as well.
This pack includes:
1. 3 Next Generation Science Standard (NGSS) alligned Lesson Plans
2. Lesson Plans to teach How To Create Natural Mosquito Repellent
3. Lesson Plan for introduction Agricultural Chemistry
4. Lesson Plan connecting George Washington Carver and STEM
5. Vocabulary words connected to the unit
6. A comprehensive materials list for the entire unit
7. Garden herb 5 senses observation Sheet
8. Venn Diagram for comparing Garden First Aid Plants
9. A bubble map for observing a First Aid plant using the 5 senses
10.. Sequencing sheets for Making Mosquito Repellent Spray and Making Peanut Butter Sandwiches (You have to see the lesson to understand!)
*11. Bonus Herbal Reference sheet to use with any of the sheets
I look forward to hearing how you implemented AgriSTEM Kids at your school or program.
I saw this on another seller Science Schoolyard page and I thought it was great advice so I've included here as well.
"If there is a small mistake on an item, or you have suggestions/constructive criticism, please let me know under the Q and A section before leaving negative feedback! Please give me a chance to fix it and improve my product."
Let's Stay Connected.
• Follow us here and we will follow you as well.
To see our everyday lives teaching AgriSTEM in Brooklyn, follow us on
Instagram at @thebrooklyngreenhouse and on Twitter @bklyngreenhouse
Visit our website www.thebrooklyngreenhouse.com to see how we implement AgriSTEM Kids on urban farms and gardens, and in Preschools, Daycare and Afterschool programs in Brooklyn, NY.