Pirates are one of the most engaging themes for students. Set sail with pirates while working on multiple grammar concepts. This grammar pack works on plurals (regular/irregular), verb tense (regular/irregular), and pronoun usage (subjective/possessive). To play, you should print, cut, and laminate all cards.
Then, you can use 1,2, or all decks. Shuffle the cards and scatter them face down on a table/floor or in a pile. Students will take turns selecting cards one at a time.
On each turn, a student selects one card. If the student draws a pirate card, they must answer the grammar question on the bottom of the card (either provide the past tense verb, plural noun, or pronoun). If they are correct, they may keep the card. If not, they must put the card back in the pile. Try to find the buried treasure, it will let you steal another turn! Beware of Skull Island!! If you get shipwrecked here, you will lose your turn! The game continues until all the cards are gone or time is up. Then, the player with the most pirate cards wins!
Included in this download:
* 32 past tense verb cards (16 regular past tense, 16 irregular past tense)
* 8 blank cards for your own past tense verb examples
* 32 plural cards (16 regular plurals, 16 irregular plurals)
* 8 blank cards for your own plural examples
* 32 pronoun cards (16 subjective pronouns, 16 possessive pronouns)
* 8 blank cards for your own pronoun examples
* 8 wild cards
Sail the Seas working on grammar and having fun!