What is an airport like!? This package is the next-best thing to being there.
Join Roxy the dog as she tours a medium-sized airport.
If you are also able to arrange for your class to take a field trip to a nearby airport, this package is a great way to prepare them for the experience.
A slideshow (in PDF format) provides a basic overview that is both entertaining and informative for young learners.
Table of Contents:
• Driving to the airport
• The parking lot
• Control tower, terminal building
• Tickets, TSA, flight information
• Baggage claim area
• Officer Carl and the airport firehouse
• An airliner lands at the airport
• Time to go home
At the end of the main slideshow are vocabulary-list slides with simplified definitions and a photo-slide of an airliner with the basic parts labeled.
Also included in the zip file are:
A separate photo slideshow that shows how to fold two styles of basic paper gliders.
***Printable pages with two regional jet airliner outlines
(overhead view and side view) for labeling and/or coloring.
***A "maze" printable page
("Help the pilot get to his airplane").
***A word search printable puzzle
and answer key.
***Topics for discussion about why we have airports
and why there are different kinds and sizes of airports.
Ideas for drawing or writing activities
in which students imagine visiting a foreign country on an airliner and packing their bags for the trip.
I hope you and your students enjoy this fun, aviation-themed package of materials!
Valerie Salven, BGI
(Basic Ground Instructor) and
Instrument-Rated Private Pilot
This product is sold for use by a single user in a single classroom, home or office; reuse, repackaging, uploading or reposting online in any form is prohibited. You may purchase additional licenses of this product for friends and colleagues at a discount through your account. Thank you for respecting my copyright.
Other titles in my online store you may like:
• Airplane Flight! Just for Fun
• Airplanes & Airports—A Discovery Bundle (including “Airplane Flight!” and “Roxy Goes to the Airport” at a discount)
• Internet Aviation Scavenger Hunt — Pilots and Legends
• Aviation History Bookmarks
• Aviation Photos-with-Quotes Posters—Airplanes, Dreams, Flight, Space, Pilots…
• Basic Airplane Parts —ailerons, rudders, elevators, flaps and more...
• Aeronautical Charts for Everyone
• U.S. Airmail: First Airmail Pilots, Early Flights Before the Airlines