This file contains slides for the American folk song, Alabama Gal. This song helps to prepare, present, and practice ti ta ti. (This file even includes directions on the dance that goes with this song!)
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: ti ta ti (or syncopa)
Other Rhythmic Concepts: ta, ti-ti, ta rest
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice ti ta ti or syncopa
- Icons to keep the beat to the song
- Icons to show the rhythm of the song
- Introduction slides for ti ta ti (with other syllable choices and a blank slide for those that use something else)
- Rhythmic notation of the song in standard notation
- Interactive game for practicing clapping ti ta ti (please note that you need to view this document in Acrobat Reader to have the links work properly!)
- Slide with original song file
- Directions for the Alabama Gal dance
- Printable student beat and rhythm charts
Need a sample of what my song files look like? Here is a short freebie that will give you an idea of my work quality.
Looking for other songs to help teach Ti Ta Ti?
Shake the Papaya Down
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward