These can all be downloaded separately as well, but here it is at a bundle and at a discount if you want them all. Enjoy!
Spend a class period having your 7th graders compare and contrast Disney's Aladdin to the story of the Prophet Muhammad. Help students access the curriculum by tapping into what they already know about a Disney film. After slides, video clips and discussion, students write a paragraph demonstrating their understanding of the story of Muhammad.
Road to El Dorado -
This 21-slide PowerPoint guides students in finding connections to the Mayan, Incan and Aztec civilizations in the DreamWorks film Road to El Dorado. Included in the slides:
Many visuals and freeze frames from the film
Background in the film
A graphic organizer for students to use
4 slides with relevant information on the Maya
A slide making 7 connections between the film and the Maya
4 slides with relevant information on the Inca
A slide making 7 connections between the film and the Inca
4 slides with relevant information on the Aztec
A slide making 7 connections between the film and the Aztecs
A completed graphic organizer with all 21 connections
3 optional writing prompts using the information from the graphic organizer
Emperor's New Groove -
The plot of the Disney film The Emperor’s New Groove is almost entirely fictitious, but the historical setting was based in the Inca Empire of the 1300s-1500s. This series of PowerPoint slides makes dozens of connections between the film and the real-life Inca Empire.
connections to Inca social structure
connections to Machu Picchu
connections to Inca artwork, aqueducts
connections to the role of llama and alpaca in Inca culture
writing prompts for students to choose and respond while watching
Hyperlinks to relevant YouTube videos
Lion King PowerPoint -
Use this 22-slide PowerPoint and free worksheet to teach about African Empires using students' knowledge of the Disney film The Lion King. Activities, word sorts, maps, a Sundiata Historical Stick Figure assignment, background info and more. Enjoy!
Kung Fu Panda & Mulan PowerPoint and Worksheet -
The most enjoyable way to teach or learn about Buddhism, Confucianism and Daoism!
Visually engaging series of PPT slides to differentiate between the three Chinese Philosophies: Buddhism, Confucianism, Daoism as seen in the film Kung Fu Panda. Slides include:
* Word Sort (that could be printed out for students to cut out and organize individually or in groups)
* Overview of the three philosophies, highlighting already modeled
* 21 quotes that students are to copy down and match to a philosophy from Chinese philosophers, modern hit films, etc. (answers revealed one at a time at the click of a button)
* Sentence frames for students to write about Confucianism in the open scenes of Mulan (film not included)
* 10 examples listed of Confucianism in the opening scenes of Mulan
* 20 examples of how to have variety when writing a topic sentence
* Paragraph frames for students to use when writing about Buddhism, Confucianism, Daoism in Kung Fu Panda (film not included)
* 15 examples of scenes or quotes from Kung Fu Panda relating to Buddhism
* 15 examples of scenes or quotes from Kung Fu Panda relating to Confucianism
* 15 examples of scenes or quotes from Kung Fu Panda relating to Daoism
Pictures of 40 separate screen-shots from the film connected to Buddhism, Confucianism or Daoism
* Mini-Quiz assessment for the beginning, middle or end of the unit
* Writing assignment worksheet with 'cheat-sheet' philosophy reference on top and Chinese inventions search on back is also imbedded into the PPT