Also included in
- Decrease your after-hours planning time with these user-friendly Science units. This bundle includes everything you need to teach all five Alberta Grade One Science topics. That's an entire year's worth of Science lessons! Each unit includes detailed lesson plans in addition to supporting documents$52.00$65.00Save $13.00
If you teach first grade Science in Alberta, this resource was created just for you! The Seasonal Changes topic has never been easier to teach than with this comprehensive unit, which targets the four specific learner expectations (SLE's) listed below. Your students will love the varied and engaging tasks, and you will love the simplicity and flexibility of the included lesson plans.
Wrong language? The version is available HERE.
In light of the COVID-19 crisis, I have created a digital version of this resource. Please download the latest version of the product to access the Google Slides™ link. Not all pages are suited for distance learning and have thus been omitted from the digital version.
SPECIFIC LEARNER EXPECTATIONS
- Describe the regular and predictable cycle of seasonal changes [changes in sunlight/weather].
- Identify and describe examples of plant and animal changes that occur on a seasonal basis.
- Identify human preparations for seasonal change and identify activities that are done on a seasonal basis.
- Record observable seasonal changes over a period of time.
TEACHER'S GUIDE (14 PAGES)
- Table of Contents
- Printing Guide
- Unit Overview
- Lesson Plans (includes a description of the typical lesson sequence, internal links, and space to write your notes)
STUDENT BOOKLETS (13)
- Ninety-six pages organized into booklet/mini-book form (print once and DONE).
- All pages are labelled with the target specific learner expectation.
- Worksheets feature student-friendly language and graphics, as well as tasks such as fill-in-the-blank, colouring, labelling, drawing, and circling.
SEPARATE PAGES (38)
- Months in Seasons, Sunlight, Weather, Nature Walk, Project Ideas, Apple Tree Life Cycle, Clothing
- Links to Sway Presentations (2)
- Clothing Sort
- Colouring Pages (4)
- Vocabulary Posters (Weather, Temperature, Animals, Plants)
- Posters can be printed full or half-size in colour or black and white
- Self-Assessment Cards
- Self-Assessment Forms X5
- Summative Quizzes X5
- Teacher Scripts X5
- Full-colour answer keys are included for your reference.
Click on the green PREVIEW button for a closer look.
Thank you for your interest! Don't forget to follow me for more Albertan resources!