"Alexander Graham Bell" was updated on April 2, 2016.. If you already own this product, please redownload and get the new printables for free.
Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics
skills, High-Frequency words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, Conventions, and Writing of Alexander Graham Bell. This Reading Street Story is Unit 5, Week 5.
1. Rainbow write your spelling words
2. Write sentences with spelling words
3. Put spelling words in ABC order
4. Match spelling words to clues given
5. Answer questions about spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center
1. Use stamps to spell the words
2. Sort the words by the number of syllables
3. Write sentences with the words
4. Use play-doe to spell the words
5. Read the words, spell the words, and color the words
6. Spin the words, Find the word that you spin the most
7. Graph the words
1. Use a magnifying glass to find aw and au words. Then write the words
2. Use a magnifying glass to find compound words.. Then write the words.
3. Sort words with aw and au vowel sounds and write them on a recording sheet
4. Match aw and au words to rhyming words
1. Listen to or read "Alexander Graham Bell"
2. Answer the comprehension questions about the story
3. Cut and paste Alexander Graham Bell's life in sequence.
1. Look at a picture of a girl using a telephone
2. Write a story by answering questions in complete sentences
Vocabulary Center -
1. Sort Amazing Words
2. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
3. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate
4. Sort Selection Words
5. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
6. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate.
(1) Read a story with aw and au words. Write the words.
(2) Color a rocket launching with au and aw words
(3) Find the correct word to fit in the sentences ( 2 printables).
(4) Word Search for spelling words
(5) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word
(6) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(7) Highlight the adverbs in each sentence/ Write the adverbs
(8) Color the adverbs in the puzzle to spell an adverb
(9) Count tally marks to find au words
(10) Add 2-digit numbers to find a cell phone mystery
(11) Subtract to find High-Frequency Words
(12) Read the story Great Inventors. Use text evidence to answer the questions
Spelling Words and HFW have been added for your Word Wall.