Alexander is a character who has been associated with the word ‘Great’ for centuries. Does he really deserve this title and how can we come to a decision? Students analyze 4 handouts from the perspective of the conquered and 4 handouts from the perspective of those who conquered and debate whether Alexander was a hero or villain. There are several other lessons that add and supplement to Alexander the Great's legend in this bundle.
- Background Powerpoint on Alexander the Great
- The True Story of Alexander the Great: Movie Questions & Key
- Alexander the Great: Hero or Villain (8 Handouts)
- Alexander the Great Map Activity
- Death of Alexander the Great Reading
You can also download this activity as part of the Ancient Greek Bundle