Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The following worksheet is a common core-based lesson on Alexander the Great. The lesson traces the rise of Alexander the Great through his conquests and accomplishments. The worksheet provides a variety of entry points for students and actively engages them in the subject matter. The activities in this lesson include:
• Do now briefly discussing Alexander’s rise to power – includes questions.
• Critical thinking questions that provide several opportunities for class discussion.
• Alexander the Great song by Iron Maiden (link provided) – with questions
• Alexander the Great – Hero or Villain Cooperative Learning activity – secondary source analysis in groups – development of a thesis statement and class debate.
• Readings cover the positive and negative aspects of Alexander in Thebes, Egypt, Persia, and India as well as his contributions to Hellenistic culture.
This worksheet can be easily modified to fit a shorter or longer class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Please follow me to receive notifications when new products are available. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!