Algebra 1 Quiz Show Game Square Root Functions and Geometry in a PowerPoint Presentation
This Quiz Show game, Jeopardy Style, is a great way to review a chapter. There are 25 questions and a scoreboard so you don’t have to write it on a side board. Each page has the point value!
This Quiz Show game covers all of the following:
Graphing Square Root Functions
F.IF. 4, F.IF.7b
Solving Square Root Equations
The Pythagorean Theorem
Using the Pythagorean Theorem
8.G.6, 8.G.7, 8.G.8
This review lesson applies to the Common Core Standard:
High School: Functions » Interpreting Functions F.IF.4, F.IF.7b
Interpret functions that arise in applications in terms of the context.
4. For a function that models a relationship between two quantities, interpret key features of graphs and tables in terms of the quantities, and sketch graphs showing key features given a verbal description of the relationship. Key features include: intercepts; intervals where the function is increasing, decreasing, positive, or negative; relative maximums and minimums; symmetries; end behavior; and periodicity.
Analyze functions using different representations.
7.Graph functions expressed symbolically and show key features of the graph, by hand in simple cases and using technology for more complicated cases.
b. Graph square root, cube root, and piecewise-defined functions, including step functions and absolute value functions.
Number and Quantity » The Real Number System N.RN.2
Extend the properties of exponents to rational exponents.
2. Rewrite expressions involving radicals and rational exponents using the properties of exponents.
Geometry 8.G.6, 8.G.7, 8.G.8
Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
6. Explain a proof of the Pythagorean Theorem and its converse.
7. Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles in real-world and mathematical problems in two and three dimensions.
8. Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to find the distance between two points in a coordinate system.
The presentation has 53 slides. Use as many or as few of the problems to help your students learn each concept. For more PowerPoint lessons & materials visit Preston PowerPoints
Please note that these PowerPoints are NOT EDITABLE
. They WILL NOT
work with Google Slides or Adobe Connect. You will need the PowerPoint software.
If you need an alternative version because your country uses different measurements, units, slight wording adjustment for language differences, or a slide reordering just ask.
Are you looking for the Algebra 1 Square Root Functions and Geometry Bundle? Click here!
Are you looking for the Algebra 1 Jeopardy Bundle? Click here!
This resource is for one teacher only.
You may not upload this resource to the internet in any form. Additional teachers must
purchase their own license. If you are a coach, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This product may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.