This product contains 215 bell ringers (warm- up/ BOCA/ etc) that you may choose from to use in your Algebra 1 classroom.
Bell Ringers are the perfect way to create consistency in your classroom, get students working as soon as they enter the room, preview new material, review old skills/ spiral the curriculum, and give YOU a few minutes for housekeeping items. This is the perfect time to enter attendance! The school I teach at requires that we have a Bell Ringer every day (which has truly helped with tardies across the school!) and count it as 10% of their grade. This document has made me accountable for always providing my students with a meaningful bell ringer. Many of the questions are skills practice and not meant to take more than 5-10 minutes. I also tried to model some questions after the Test Items Specs & Algebra 1 EOC Review guides that I have come across. To keep students accountable, I number each bellringer and have them work out the problems on the left side of their interactive notebook (the right side is for the foldable/ notes each day). I walk around and check that the problem has been worked out. Another option would be to collect the notebook periodically or use a Bell Ringer recording sheet (which I have included in this download)
The following skills are included:
• Number Sense & Properties of Real Numbers
• Introduction to Functions
• Linear Functions
• Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities
• Exponents & Exponential Functions
• Quadratics (Graphing & Solving)
• Data Analysis & Statistics)
• Power Point Slides (Although the material itself is not editable, you are free write on top of what I have. There is a blank slide at the end that may be duplicated so you can create additional slides to fit the needs of your students while still keeping the look and feel consistent.)
• Each slide has been duplicated with an answer key!
• PDF version- you may prefer to print these slides and use them in an alternative way (ie: Task Cards)
• Student Recording Sheet- Have students complete this sheet throughout the week and hand in on Friday. This is great for accountability & easy grading.
• Teacher Recording Sheet- Keep track of attendance and bell ringer grades for the entire week on this sheet! I keep this on my clipboard at the front of the room and can quickly jot down who did not complete the daily bellringer. This makes it so easy to enter into the grading program at the end of the day or week.
If you have any questions before making the purchase, feel free to email me at email@example.com.