Also included in
- Each lesson starts with a Do Now that relates to upcoming lesson. All the lessons present a visual approach to multiplying and factoring monomials and polynomials, which is based upon the area model of a rectangle.Each lesson is a complete 45 minute lesson. The lessons can be used with any Algebra I$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
Prepared Lessons on Factoring
Each lesson starts with a Do Now that relates to upcoming lesson. All the lessons present a visual approach to multiplying and factoring monomials and polynomials, which is based upon the area model of a rectangle.
Each lesson is a complete 45 minute lesson. The lessons can be used with any Algebra I textbook.
This is #5 of 7 files Smart Notebook Files available for teaching the multiplication and factoring of polynomials. All files incorporate the use of the area model.
You must have Smart Notebook to view this product. If you don’t own Smart Notebook you could search for the Interactive Viewer for Smart Notebook from ZdNet.com on the internet.
Since many of the pages are interactive, each file comes with a complete set of directions
1. Setting Up the Rectangle Method for Multiplying Polynomials (sets up the visual model of the rectangle)
2. Multiplying Monomials and Binomials (models how the rectangle can be used to multiply monomials and binomials)
3. Multiplying Polynomials (Extends the previous lesson to multiplying two binomials and begins to challenge students to the idea of reversing the procedure by filling in different information on the rectangle.)
4. Introduction to Factoring Polynomials (Models how the previous lessons can be used to think about factoring.)
5. Factoring Trinomials 1 (Models how the rectangle method can be used to factor binomials and trinomials by filling in various parts of the rectangle and considering greatest common factors.)
6. Factoring Trinomials 2 (Extends the previous lesson to more challenging trinomials.)
7. Factoring Trinomials 3 (Continues to extend the previous two lessons to eventually factoring the difference of two squares.)
You must have Smart Notebook software to use this file. If you don't own Smart Notebook software the identical file "Algebra 1: Factoring Trinomials - 1 - PPT" in my store is identical to this product, but it is a powerpoint file.