The skills covered in this outcome are:
• Determine the GCF of a List of Numbers.
• Determine the LCM of a List of Numbers.
• Identify Algebraic Properties.
A-REI.1 Explain each step in solving a simple equation as following from the equality of numbers asserted at the previous step, starting from the assumption that the original equation has a solution. Construct a viable argument to justify a solution method.
A220.127.116.11.1 Find the Greatest Common Factor (GCF) and/or the Least Common Multiple (LCM) for sets of monomials.
A18.104.22.168.2. Use and/or identify an algebraic property to justify any step in an equation-solving process.
The outcome is delivered in two lessons. Each lesson may include the following features:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Notes Guide for students
• Each Notes Guide comes in two versions.
o The first version is the “regular” one.
o The second version has a QR code that leads the students to a pencast that I created. The students can listen and watch the pencast to work ahead, as a review, or to get any notes they missed while absent.
The pencasts are a “video” of my notes and instruction. There are various ways that you could use the pencasts.
You and the students can watch and listen to the pencasts together while filling in the accompanying notes guide.
You can post the pencasts to a class website for your students to work ahead before you begin the lesson, or to listen to after the lesson in the case they need to hear another time, or for students who were absent from class.
These pencasts are great for days when you aren’t in you classroom and have a substitute teacher.
• A timeline for how I taught this outcome.
• An introductory activity for students to see the importance of GCF and LCM.
• Skills sheet for students. The skills sheets lists the skills the students will need to be proficient in this outcome.
• Card Sort
• Clicker game for Qwizdom software or your could have the students hold up letter cards.
• A Review Activity
• Two Versions of the Assessment
• Two Versions of High Performance Questions
• Practice Problems for Reassessment
This Outcome was developed with Standards-Based Grading (SBG) in mind, but it can also be used for traditional grading systems.
Visit my blog, Simplifying Radicals simplifyingradicals2.blogspot.com for additional ideas and resources.
When you purchase and download this item, you will be given a link to box.com where you can download each file. You do not need to create an account to receive these files. All files are individual to make it easier to organize. There are a total of 18 unique files (some are both word and PDF).The files are numbered in the order that I used them in my classroom.
Download Outcome 1: Absolute Value and Exponents