The skills covered in this outcome are:
• Solve Two Step Equations
• Solve Equations the Require Combining Like Terms
• Solve Equations that Require the Distributive Property
• Applications of Multi-Step Equations
A-REI.3 Solve Linear Equations and Inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
A184.108.40.206.1 Write, solve, and/or apply a linear equation (including problem situations)
A220.127.116.11.2 Use and/or identify an algebraic property to justify any step in an equation solving process.
A18.104.22.168.3 Interpret solutions to problems in the context of the problem situation.
The outcome is delivered in four lessons. Each lesson may include the following features:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Notes Guide for students
• Each Notes Guide comes in two versions.
o The first version is the “regular” one.
o The second version has a QR code that leads the students to a pencast that I created. The students can listen and watch the pencast to work ahead, as a review, or to get any notes they missed while absent.
The pencasts are a “video” of my notes and instruction. There are various ways that you could use the pencasts.
You and the students can watch and listen to the pencasts together while filling in the accompanying notes guide.
You can post the pencasts to a class website for your students to work ahead before you begin the lesson, or to listen to after the lesson in the case they need to hear another time, or for students who were absent from class.
These pencasts are great for days when you aren’t in you classroom and have a substitute teacher.
• Skills sheet for students. The skills sheets lists the skills the students will need to be proficient in this outcome.
• Poster Activity for a concrete example of multi-step equations
• Bucket – O – Lies Activity
• Tangram Puzzle
• Group Work
• A Review Activity
• Two Versions of the Assessment
• Two Versions of High Performance Questions
• Practice Problems for Reassessment
This Outcome was developed with Standards-Based Grading (SBG) in mind, but it can also be used for traditional grading systems.
Visit my blog, Simplifying Radicals simplifyingradicals2.blogspot.com for additional ideas and resources.
When you purchase and download this item, you will be given a link to box.com where you can download each file (you are not required to register to box.com to get the files). All files are individual to make it easier to organize. There are a total of 20 unique files (some are both word and PDF).