This is INCLUDED in the Algebra 1 Readiness Packet. If you've already purchased that product, you can just download it again and voila, you now own this as well!
This is a continuation to the Algebra 1 Readiness Summer or Back to School Packet
with more emphasis on material covered in Pre-Algebra. This can be a Part 2 for your students along with the Algebra 1 Readiness Packet (use the first part of the file that says Part 2). You can also differentiate by levels and give this one to your honors classes and/or higher achievers as its own Algebra 1 Readiness Packet (use the latter part of the file).
Included in this packet: (download the preview file to see ALL problems before purchasing)
1. Properties of Real Numbers
– notes and 12 practice problems
2. Order of Operations
– notes and 4 practice problems
3. Solving multi-step equations and equations with variables on both sides
– 8 total problems; 4 of each
4. Linear Equations
– notes and 8 problems on finding slope given two ordered pairs, 8 finding x-and y-intercept problems
5. Graphing Linear Equations
– 9 problems where students will have to identify the slope and y-intercept and then graph the line on a given coordinate plane
6. Scientific Notation
– notes and 10 practice problems
– notes and 3 practice problems (1 is a word problem)
8. Relations and Functions
– notes on domain, range, and function along with 6 practice problems
9. I’m Off to a GREAT Start Certificate
Suggested Lesson Implementation:
You can use this as a Summer Packet or for Back to School for your students to complete by/on the first day of school. You can collect the packets or simply have the students switch papers and check their answers. They can also come up to the board and show their work.
Worked out solutions are included.
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Multiple licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives. Leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases.