Algebra 1 Readiness Packet
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
Also included in
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 and Precalculus packets. Includes a FREE BONUS: Graphing Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form Color by Code Activity.Check oPrice $17.00Original Price $26.00Save $9.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets) and Geometry packet. You also get the Solving Multi-Step Equations Task Cards as a FREE BONUS for buying this bundlePrice $9.50Original Price $14.50Save $5.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets) and Algebra 2 packet. You also get the Linear Equations Task Cards as a FREE BONUS for buying this bundle.Check outPrice $9.50Original Price $14.50Save $5.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets), Geometry and Algebra 2 packets. You also get the Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Color by Code Activity as a FREEPrice $13.00Original Price $19.50Save $6.50
- Assess your students' readiness by using this math packets as summer or back to school assignments. If you are an administrator or department chair, you can give this resource to the respective math teacher in your department to use with their students. (One license for one teacher per subject; addiPrice $21.00Original Price $31.50Save $10.50
- Now more than ever teachers need to assess the prerequisite skills students have as they enter our classrooms, whether face-to-face or virtual. That's the only way we can figure out how we can remediate any loss of learning. Assess your student's readiness for your math class and see how prepared thPrice $9.50Original Price $14.50Save $5.00
- Now more than ever teachers need to assess the prerequisite skills students have as they enter our classrooms. That's the only way we can figure out how we can remediate any loss of learning. Assess your student's readiness for your math class and see how prepared they are to learn new content withPrice $13.00Original Price $19.50Save $6.50
- The Algebra 1 Readiness Packet is a great way to find out what math skills your students remember and what they are in need of remediation, especially now with school closures interrupting learning. It can be used face-to-face or virtually, making it perfect for distance learning. If you have SpanisPrice $9.00Original Price $14.50Save $5.50
- If you're teaching Algebra 1 and Algebra 2, here's the back to school bundle you need to get your first week of school off to a great start. Best part is that it's no prep from your part. Use Google Forms for self-grading and to get a pre-test score for your Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 students.Bundle iPrice $18.00Original Price $35.00Save $17.00
- If you teach Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2, then this money (and time) saving bundle is what you need to get your school year started. This high school math review pdf includes:Readiness Packets for all three subjects (includes ability to use as an Easel activity for students to complete digitalPrice $25.00Original Price $49.00Save $24.00
- Assess your students' prior knowledge with this Algebra Readiness Packet and Diagnostic Test Bundle. The Diagnostic Test is ready to use as a Self-Grading Easel Assessment. Full Solutions for the Readiness Packet and Diagnostic Test are included.Use this Algebra 1 Readiness Packet as an Algebra 1 prPrice $10.00Original Price $18.00Save $8.00
- This Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 Readiness Packets and Diagnostic Tests Bundle are the perfect way to start off the school year. The diagnostic tests are self-grading or you can print them out for your students to complete by hand. The readiness packets are a great way to measure your students' priorPrice $17.00Original Price $27.50Save $10.50
Use this Algebra 1 Readiness Packet as an Algebra 1 prerequisite packet to assess the skills your students have when they set foot into your classroom. Use it as an entering Algebra 1 summer packet or as a back to school Algebra 1 review packet. You'll find out what concepts you need to reteach before introducing new content to your students. You can assign this math packet to be completed over the summer or during the first week of school. This Algebra 1 Readiness Packet also includes two activities to encourage parental involvement as well as a certificate to motivate and encourage students to put effort into their math class. There's also a NO PREP, easy to grade 10 question quiz to assess the content of the Algebra 1 Readiness Packet. The quiz has been UPDATED as an Easel Assessment! It is now a SELF-GRADING 10 question quiz for your students once they've completed the packet. There's also a poll-style Easel assessment to help your students reflect on their own performance. This promotes a growth mindset, even if they did poorly on the review quiz.
What do you do with students who need more help? Now I have created YouTube videos going over those prerequisite skills so that you can direct them to those videos to help them with problems just like the ones in their readiness packet. You can tell them about this math help resource so they can use it as they complete their packet, or even after you go over the answers on the packet before they take the quiz.
I’ve discovered throughout the years that so many students tune out mathematics once they take Pre-Algebra or especially Algebra 1 because it’s the first time they need to think about mathematics abstractly. That’s why as a teacher I always push them to try their best and encourage them through positive reinforcements (verbal praise, stickers on A papers, etc.) to be successful in mathematics. I tell my students they don’t necessarily have to like math, but they certainly need to be able to do math!
- BOTH Algebra 1 review packets. If you purchase this one DO NOT buy the part 2 that's available for purchase. Click here to see what's included in Algebra 1 Readiness B2S Packet PART 2.
- 42 math problems on operations with fractions, percents, graphs, perimeter and area of rectangles and squares, circumference and area of circles, volume of rectangular prisms and cubes, mean, median, mode, order of operations, Pythagorean Theorem, and solving one step equations. (Check out the preview file)
- Algebra 1 Readiness Packet Answer Key
- Math in the Real World: Interview Activity
- Family Math Tree Activity
- I’m Off to a GREAT Start Certificate
- 10 question quiz on the topics covered in the review - Easel Assessment that's self-grading. You have a choice as to how you give this quiz.
- 4 question Easel poll to support a growth mindset
- This packet can be completed on Easel
Common Core Standards/Objectives covered in the Algebra 1 Readiness Packet: After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
• Use the meaning of fractions and use addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to solve problems
• Recognize that a data distribution may not have a definite center and that different ways to measure center yield different values.
• Understand the difference between using a bar graph, line graph, and circle graph to represent data presented in a table
• Reason about relationships among shapes to determine perimeter, area, circumference and volume
• Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
• Attend to precision
Suggested Lesson Implementation:
1. You can use this as a summer packet for your students to complete by the first day of school. You can collect the packets or simply have the students switch papers and check their answers.
2. My preference is to give these students this packet on the first day (or within the first week) of school and make it due in five days. That way, students can review the prerequisite skills needed for Algebra 1. Some schools undergo a lot of schedule changes during the first week of school so reviewing these skills is not a waste of the student’s time or yours. The Interview assignment and Family Math Tree are interesting ways to get the students to talk about mathematics within their home. You can also log it down as two ways you promote parental involvement in your math class. Then I give them the 10 question quiz.
Purchase the bundle to $AVE or purchase separately for the class you teach:
BUNDLE Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Precalculus Back to School or Summer Packet
Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 Summer or Back to School Readiness Packets BUNDLE
Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus Summer or Back to School Readiness Packets BUNDLE
Algebra 1 and Geometry Summer or Back to School Readiness Packets BUNDLE
Algebra 1, Geometry & Algebra 2 Readiness B2S Packets BUNDLE
Algebra 1 Readiness Summer or Back to School Packet
Algebra 1 Readiness B2S Packet PART 2
Algebra 2 Readiness Summer or Back to School Packet
Geometry Readiness Summer or Back to School Packet
Pre-Calculus Readiness Summer or Back to School Packet
IB Math Studies Readiness Summer or Back to School Packet
Visit my blog at teachingfroma-z.com for tips, resources, and simple ways to make your life easier. Work smarter, not harder!
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Multiple licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives. Leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases.