Algebra 2 End of Year Quick Questions Activity: Fix Common Mistakes! is an activity that helps students identify and correct common math misunderstandings! It is great for reviewing multiple concepts before the end of year assessment or Algebra 2 state assessment. DOWNLOAD more awesome end of year activities HERE!
The Algebra 2 curriculum has been separated into the following four categories and there is a 2-page Quick Questions Activity for each category:
Quick Questions #1: Expressions
Quick Questions #2: Equations and Inequalities
Quick Questions #3: Functions and Graphing
Quick Questions #4: Sequences, Series, and Statistics
Quick Questions Review:
“Hey Lady! I am keying the Q^2 questions and marveling at your ability to showcase student's misunderstandings SO PRECISELY. It's not just that the technique is so cool, but it's also the insightful way you write the questions and possible solutions. Thanks for sharing this!”
Quick Questions can be used in many ways, and here are some ideas on how it can be used in class:
a) Each question in the activity has two answer choices: “Answer A” or “Answer B.” There is one correct answer choice and one decoy answer choice.
b) Students complete each question individually or in pairs. Ask students to try to find all the correct answers together. The opportunity for collaboration creates productive mathematical discourse.
c) Then, provide the answer key either in paper form or on the board and ask students which questions they would like you to go over! Students only need to say which number to go over, which helps all students to feel comfortable asking questions.
d) Conceptual Learning: Use the blank quick questions sheet for students to come with their own correct and decoy answers! They can then trade with their partner or another pair and complete each other’s questions!
e) Critical Writing: Copy the Error Analysis page for students to write critically about the questions and explain the mistakes on selected questions. Teachers can choose the questions they write about or students can choose.
f) Other uses:
Quick questions could be used as a warm-up or exit ticket.
It could be graded formally or informally!
This product is included in the following bundles:
1. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity Bundle: More than just a packet!
2. Virginia SOL Review Activities for Algebra 2: More than just a packet!
Other activities you might enjoy:
1. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Warm-Ups
2. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Mini-Quizzes
3. Algebra 2 End of Year Quick Questions Activity: Fix Common Mistakes!
4. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: TI-Calculator Practice
5. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Factoring Math Sprint!
6. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: It's a Race!
7. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Task Cards
8. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Practice!
9. Algebra 2 End of Year TI-Calculator Review: User-Friendly Steps!
10. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Study Guide
Other bundles you might enjoy:
1. Algebra 2 Activities Bundle: Fix Common Mistakes!
2. Quadratic Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
3. Exponents and Radicals Activity Bundle
4. Factoring Activities Bundle
5. Rational Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
6. Polynomial Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
This license is for one teacher only for personal use in his or her classroom. This license is non-transferable. Therefore, licenses cannot be given to or shared with other teachers. This document cannot be used by a common planning team, department, or district, without purchasing the correct number of licenses.
This document cannot be posted online in any form, including course websites or personal websites. You may, however, post this document on password-protected websites that are accessed by students.