Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Factoring Math Sprint! is an activity that helps students become fluent with a specific skill! It really helps with mastering math concepts and storing them in the long-term memory. It is great to do after just learning a concept or reviewing a previously learned concept.
Factoring out the GCF
Factoring sum and difference of squares and cubes
Factoring Trinomials where A=1 and A>1
This activity can be used in many ways, and here are some ideas on how it can be used in class:
1. The Questions:
Students can complete each question individually or in pairs. Provide a specific amount of time to compete as many questions as they can. Students can check their work with the answer key provided and the winner(s) could receive a reward!
2. Formative assessment:
Math Sprints can be used as a warm-up, exit ticket, or homework assignment. It could be graded formally, informally, or be completed just for fun. If graded in-class, teachers can ask students to hold up their hands if they got a certain number correct and to continue to hold up their hands as the number increases to the maximum number of questions. Looking around the room gives the teacher a pulse of the class’ understanding.
3. Conceptual Learning: Use the Analysis Sheet for students to categorize the questions and justify their solutions. Students can do this individually or with a partner. Lead students into small-group or whole-class discussions.
4. Hands-on learning:
Teachers can put a question on the board and ask students to do it on white boards. Another option is that the questions can be cut out individually and posted about the room and students could race to finish all of them.
5. Relay Race! Students can sit in rows or in groups and relay through the questions by passing the Math Sprint paper to each other. Time stops when the first team has finished. All teams will then check their work and see who has the most correct!
This product is included in the following bundles:
1. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity Bundle: More than just a packet!
2. Virginia SOL Review Activities for Algebra 2: More than just a packet!
Other activities you might enjoy:
1. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Warm-Ups
2. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Mini-Quizzes
3. Algebra 2 End of Year Quick Questions Activity: Fix Common Mistakes!
4. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: TI-Calculator Practice
5. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Factoring Math Sprint!
6. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: It's a Race!
7. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Task Cards
8. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Practice!
9. Algebra 2 End of Year TI-Calculator Review: User-Friendly Steps!
10. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Study Guide
Other bundles you might enjoy:
1. Algebra 2 Activities Bundle: Fix Common Mistakes!
2. Quadratic Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
3. Exponents and Radicals Activity Bundle
4. Factoring Activities Bundle
5. Rational Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
6. Polynomial Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
This license is for one teacher only for personal use in his or her classroom. This license is non-transferable. Therefore, licenses cannot be given to or shared with other teachers. This document cannot be used by a common planning team, department, or district, without purchasing the correct number of licenses.
This document cannot be posted online in any form, including course websites or personal websites. You may, however, post this document on password-protected websites that are accessed by students.