Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: It's a Race! is an in-class activity that is very engaging! It helps students practice quick math skills in a competition! It’s great for questions that can be completed mentally.
Factoring out the GCF
Factoring sum and difference of squares
Factoring Trinomials where A=1 and A>1
This activity can be used in many ways, and here are some ideas on how it can be used in class:
a. After cutting out the cards, make there are enough sets so that every student has one set of cards.
b. Ask the students to lay out all of the cards on their desks
c. Write or post the questions (from the sheet) on the board.
d. Students will look for the correct factors on their desk. When they find the correct pair of cards, they should pick them up and hold them in the air to show they are done.
e. Individual Practice: Copy enough sets so that each student has their own set. Ask students to use the cards to fill in the complete factorization.
f. Pair Game: Students can work in pairs and should have equal access to all of the cards. Students will try to grab the correct cards before their partner! When they find the correct pair of cards, they should pick them up and hold them in the air to show they are done.
g. Other Creative uses: This activity could be used as flash cards and students could quiz each other.
This product is included in the following bundles:
1. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity Bundle: More than just a packet!
2. Virginia SOL Review Activities for Algebra 2: More than just a packet!
Other activities you might enjoy:
1. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Warm-Ups
2. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Mini-Quizzes
3. Algebra 2 End of Year Quick Questions Activity: Fix Common Mistakes!
4. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: TI-Calculator Practice
5. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Factoring Math Sprint!
6. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: It's a Race!
7. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Task Cards
8. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Practice!
9. Algebra 2 End of Year TI-Calculator Review: User-Friendly Steps!
10. Algebra 2 End of Year Review Activity: Study Guide
Other bundles you might enjoy:
1. Algebra 2 Activities Bundle: Fix Common Mistakes!
2. Quadratic Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
3. Exponents and Radicals Activity Bundle
4. Factoring Activities Bundle
5. Rational Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
6. Polynomial Functions Activities Bundle: Algebra 2
This license is for one teacher only for personal use in his or her classroom. This license is non-transferable. Therefore, licenses cannot be given to or shared with other teachers. This document cannot be used by a common planning team, department, or district, without purchasing the correct number of licenses.
This document cannot be posted online in any form, including course websites or personal websites. You may, however, post this document on password-protected websites that are accessed by students.