Also included in
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 and Precalculus packets. Includes a FREE BONUS: Graphing Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form Color by Code Activity.Check o$17.00$26.00Save $9.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus packets. You also get the Absolute Value Functions and Graphs Task Cards as a FREE BONUS for buying this bundle. Check out the indi$9.50$11.50Save $2.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets) and Algebra 2 packet. You also get the Linear Equations Task Cards as a FREE BONUS for buying this bundle. Check ou$9.50$14.50Save $5.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets), Geometry and Algebra 2 packets. You also get the Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Color by Code Activity as a FREE$13.00$19.50Save $6.50
- Assess your students' readiness by using this math packets as summer or back to school assignments. If you are an administrator or department chair, you can give this resource to the respective math teacher in your department to use with their students. (One license for one teacher per subject; addi$21.00$31.50Save $10.50
- If you're teaching Algebra 1 and Algebra 2, here's the back to school bundle you need to get your first week of school off to a great start. Best part is that it's no prep from your part. Use Google Forms for self-grading and to get a pre-test score for your Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 students.Bundle i$17.00$33.50Save $16.50
Algebra 2 Readiness Packet is the perfect way to have your students review their Algebra 1 skills before entering your Algebra 2 class. Use this Algebra 2 Readiness Packet as an Algebra 2 prerequisite packet to assess the skills your students have when they set foot into your classroom.
You can assign it in the summer right before the start of school or during the first week of school. It also includes two activities to encourage parental involvement as well as a certificate of completion.
- 40 math problems on concepts they learned in Algebra 1 including solving equations, factoring, multiplying polynomials, rules of exponents and finding the mean, median, mode and range of data, among other concepts from Algebra 1.
- Algebra 2 Readiness Packet Answer Key
- Math in the Real World: Interview Activity
- Family Math Tree Activity
- I’m Off to a GREAT Start Certificate
- 10 question NO PREP, easy to grade quiz on the contents of the Algebra 2 Readiness Packet
After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Solve equations and inequalities in one variable
- Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations
- Use the properties of exponents to simplify polynomials
- Factor and multiply polynomials using the distributive property
- Find the mean, median, mode and range of data
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Attend to precision
Suggested Lesson Implementation:
1. You can use this as a summer packet for your students to complete by the first day of school. You can collect the packets or simply have the students switch papers and check their answers.
2. My preference is to give these students this packet on the first day (or within the first week) of school and make it due in five days. That way, students can review the prerequisite skills needed for Algebra 2. Some schools undergo a lot of schedule changes during the first week of school so reviewing these skills is not a waste of the student’s time or yours. The Interview assignment and Family Math Tree are interesting ways to get the students to talk about mathematics within their home. You can also log it down as two ways you promote parental involvement in your math class. Post them around your classroom in time for Open House. Then give them the 10 question quiz at the end of the week.
Purchase the bundle to $AVE or purchase separately for the class you teach:
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Multiple licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives. Leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases.