Purpose – To demonstrate student learning of transformations of parent functions (absolute value, parabola, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric).
Directions: Select 2 parent functions for your project. For each function,
1) Graph the parent function with important pieces of information labeled.
2) Answer the questions about the parent function.
3) Graph a transformation of the parent function by replacing variables in the standard equation for that type of function.
4) Graph your created transformation function with important pieces of information labeled.
5) Answer the questions about your transformed function
6) Explain how the transformation changed the graph of the parent function.
7) Present your parent functions, transformed function, graphs, information about the graphs, and explanation of the changes from one function to the next on your mini-poster.