This 65 page pdf contains Lessons on :
1) Developing understanding for the meaning of a variable/unknown
2) Translating word problems into algebraic pictures
3) Translating story problems into algebraic expressions
4) Creating stories from algebraic pictures and expressions
5) Representing situations with algebra tile pics
6) Translating algebra tile pictures into stories
7) Evaluating expressions
It also contains visual practice worksheets, games and activities for each of the lessons listed above.
In addition, I have created problem template frames that allow the teacher and the student to easily create new problems and internalize the process of working with algebraic expressions.
This resource will help you develop students’ understanding of an algebraic expression, how to manipulate them, and see algebraic expressions as the short-hand summary of part of story.
Ask about our on site teacher training at email@example.com