25 pages of interactive guided notes on linear equations and their graphs. These "fill in the blank" notes represent over 12 years of experience in teaching students about linear equations. Includes many common core type thinking activities. I was doing common core, back when it was just called good teaching. You will especially love having preprinted graphs, and carefully selected problems to lead your students to proficiency. Especially good for reluctant learners.
This unit includes:
* Understanding Rate of Change and Slope
* Finding slope from a line on a graph
* Finding slope from two points (Includes a Power Point Practice Activity!!!!)
* Horizontal and Vertical Lines and Their Slopes
* Understanding Slope-Intercept Form of a Line
* Graphing from Slope-Intercept Form of a Line
* Solving for y - to solve for Slope-Intercept Form of a Line (leveled practice)
* Solving for y to graph
* Understanding Standard Form of a Line
* Graphing from Standard Form of a Line by Finding x and y Intercepts
* Using Point-Slope Form of a Line to find Slope-Intercept Form
from slope and one point and from two points.
* Understanding Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
* Using Point-Slope Form to find the equation of a parallel or perpendicular line.
* Graphing Linear Inequalities in Two Variables
These notes are designed to build understanding and allow the teacher to cover more material in less time. Concept building, vocabulary, and guided practice are built in.
Includes a link to download a Power Point Practice for Finding Slope from two Points!!!!! The Power Point is stored in Google Docs, you will need to download it and save it to your documents to get the formatting to open correctly.
11/14/12 - I have just listed my Unit 5 Homework Worksheets Bundle in my TpT store. Eleven worksheets to send home for homework that reinforce the skills presented here in Unit 5.
The notes are numbered from 71 forward because they are meant to follow my Unit 4 Notes (also available here on TpT). The cover has the CA state standards listed they way I show them for my students. Just cover them up with your state standards or the common core standards, or cover them completely before printing.
Key Words: Interactive notebook pages.