Very structured and short project on functions that focuses on domain and range. Left editable so you can modify! Included are the instructions, rubric, and organized response sheet.
Students are going to graph, describe, and interpret a function that could represent the height of the water in feet while filling up and draining a pool over several hours.
1) Title of the graph at the top and unit labels by the x-axis and y-axis.
2) Must be a function.
3) Must have at least one of each section: increasing, decreasing, and constant.
1) Describe the domain and range for the entire graph using inequalities.
2) Describe the domains for each section using inequalities: increasing, decreasing, and constant.
1) Must write 4 function notation statements and interpret them using your graph
(ex – f(3) = 5 means after 3 hours the pool’s water level is 5 feet)