I am extremely pleased to share my power point on percents!
* In the presentation, instructions on finding percents and percent discounts are clearly presented to the students.
* Students learn the exact meaning of the term "percent"
* Students learn several ways to represent equivalents to their percents through using decimals, and fractions.
* Students are thoroughly instructed in the use of percent formula and the discount formula.
* Multiple examples are given, and multiple opportunities are included for students to calculate percents and percent discounts.
* Answers are provided for teacher convenience and immediate feedback for the students.
* In addition to the basics, students touch on some applications in geometry as they calculate the percent of shaded areas in typical geometric figures.
* Finally, there are a couple of real-life word problems to challenge students, one being the percent of electoral votes received by each of the four presidents who ran for office in 1860.
* Invariably, students have a great time with this lesson!
* As part of the presentation, a set of nine guided notes is included to encourage active student participation. The notes are additionally beneficial to students to use as a reference in preparing for homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* This lesson is aligned with CC Standards
* I am confident students will find the lesson both manageable and enjoyable.
* Teachers should find the lesson practical and easily adaptable to their own curriculum.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!