Ratios and Rates offers instruction for students on Key terms: ratio, rate, unit rate, and unit analysis.
* In alignment with common-core standard, students solve Real-life problems converting US dollars to pesos.
* Students calculate ratios and write them three different and acceptable ways.
* They calculate unit rates and learn the difference between a ratio and a rate.
* They calculate a rate from collected data, and they use "Unit Analysis" to make conversions between various units of measure.
* Included in the lesson are a number of opportunities for the students to review material on previous slides and answer keys are provided for teacher/student convenience.
Have a great day teaching!