It is with complete and total pleasure that I offer the following power point over Solving Quadratic Equations in Factored Form. The lesson is a great introduction to more difficult upcoming lessons on factoring Quadratic Equations
* Students learn to identify the exact meaning of a polynomial in factored form.
* Students define the term "factor" and address that meaning to factoring polynomials.
* Students explain in their own words the meaning of the ZERO PRODUCT PROPERTY and how it relates to Quadratic Equations in Factored Form.
* Students learn to identify the x intercepts of the graph of a quadratic equation in factored form.
* Students learn to identify the x coordinate of the vertex on the graph of a quadratic equation in factored form.
* Students learn to calculate the y coordinate of the vertex on the graph of a quadratic equation in factored form.
* Students learn about a new telescope unveiled in British Colombia that is destined to unlock many mysteries of the universe.
* Students calculate the distance across a half-pipe on this new telescope, and they calculate the depth of the half-pipe using a hypothetical quadratic equation in factored form.
* I am confident that students will find the lesson manageable and a positive learning experience, while instructors will find the lesson practical.
* Included in the power point is a "follow-up assessment" of 5 questions; the assessment is intended to assist students and instructors in determining how well the material is understood.
^ GUIDED NOTES are also included in the lesson to encourage active participation among students while the lesson is being delivered.
* The lesson is aligned with CCSS standards.
* Please enjoy!.
LOVE TO TEACH111