This is without a doubt one of my favorite lessons to present to my students!
* The lesson begins with basic definitions describing trigonometry
* A little history is given as to where the trigonometry term originated.
* The three basic trigonometric ratios are introduced
* The parts of a right triangle are reviewed
* Opposite and Adjacent sides are explained and the importance of attention.
* A mnemonic is offered to assist in recall of the ratios
*. Students are instructed on how to find the sine, cosine, and tangent from a given angle measurement using a table.
* Students are instructed on how to find the sine, cosine, and tangent from a given angle measurement using the calculator.
* Students learn the rational behind sine and cosine ratios always being less than 1
* Students learn about the angle of elevation
* Students learn to apply the angle of elevation and trigonometric ratios to determine the height of a tall tree.
* This lesson is aligned with CC standards
* I am confident that students will find the lesson to be easily understood and enjoyable; instructors should find the lesson practical and readily adaptable to their curriculum.
* A four question "follow-up assessment" is included in order to allow feedback as to students' understanding of the lesson.
* An answer key is provided
* 24 GUIDED NOTES are included to encourage active participation from students and to serve as a future reference in preparation for homework, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!