The following power point instructs students in solving quadratic equations using the Quadratic Formula,
* Students will understand that there is more than one way to solve a Quadratic Equation.
* Students learn that the Quadratic Formula is a 'gem' in solving for Quadratic Equations, and they will learn why..
* The steps in solving with the Quadratic Formula are explained clearly and applied for them in a number of examples..
* Students learn to identify a, b, and c from a quadratic equation and apply these to the Quadratic Formula.
* Students learn that the quadratic equation must be in standard form in order to use it with the Quadratic Formula, and they receive a quick review of standard form.
* Students review the model for solving for time (in seconds) with a dropped object.
* Students are presented with the model used for solving for time (in seconds) with a thrown object, and they discuss the extra variable within this model, comparing it to the model used for a dropped object.
* Students discuss how to adjust the model for a thrown object when the object is thrown up and when the object is thrown down.
* This power point is aligned with CC expectations
* Included in the lesson is a "follow-up" assessment intended to enhance an awareness of student understanding for both the student and instructor.
* I have included twelve guided note questions to encourage students' active participation and for future review in preparation for quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!