I'm very pleased to offer this power point presentation on the Distance Formula!
* The lesson begins with an explanation as to how the Distance Formula evolved.
* A discussion as to what uses this formula offers in terms of supporting their proofs follows.
* The steps in calculating distance are clearly explained to the students; examples are presented, as well.
* Students learn how to determine whether a triangle is a right triangle or not a right triangle, and they explain how this is accomplished.
* Students outline the steps used to determine whether or not a triangle is right or that it is not right.
* I am confident that students will enjoy the lesson on the Distance Formula, while I believe teachers will find the lesson practical and easily adaptable to their curriculum.
* The lesson is aligned with CC standards.
* I have included a five-question "follow-up assessment" to provided immediate feedback to students and teachers as to the level of student understanding of the material.
* Also included is a set of GUIDED NOTES provided to the students. The notes are intended to encourage active participation in the lesson presentation, while they additionally provided students with a resource for future preparation in homework, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!