The following lesson offers instruction in the application of the Exponential Growth model including compound interest.
* Students learn about required factors in the exponential growth models
* Students become familiar with how to use the "growth factor" within the exponential growth model
* Students review converting percents to decimals
* Students learn to represent time in the exponential growth models in "terms of a year"
* Students calculate compound interest for various deposits over time.
* Students graph exponential growth on the coordinate plane
* Students interpret steep vs less than steep curves of exponential growth on the coordinate plane.
* The lesson includes a one question FOLLOW UP ASSESSMENT where students check their understanding by calculating compound interest for money deposited, and then show their calculations graphed on the coordinate plane.
* The lesson includes 12 GUIDED NOTE QUESTIONS; students use the notes to actively participate in the lesson and check their comprehension. The notes are excellent to use for review and future test preparation.
* Teachers should find the lesson informative for their students and practical to their mode of teaching.
LOVE TO TEACH!