Jumping up and down with total enthusiasm to share my power point over "Factoring Special Products" !!!
* In the following power point, students encounter factoring The Difference of Two Squares
* Students explain in their own words the pattern involved and how to factor the Difference of Two Squares
* Students learn to check their factoring to be sure an error has not occurred.
* Students explain in their own words the pattern involved and how to factor Perfect Square Trinomials.
* Students learn that Perfect Square Trinomials are factored as the squares of binomials.
* Students learn the importance of factoring out a "common factor" prior to factoring the Difference of Two Squares and Perfect Square Trinomials.
* Students review and apply the Zero Product Property in solving for quadratic equations in factored form.
* I am confident that students will enjoy learning about these unique patterns in mathematics, and I believe they will enjoy the lesson while they are learning; instructors should find the lesson practical and readily delivered.
* As I usually do, there is a follow up assessment of ten questions to provide students and their teachers with immediate feedback as to whether or not the material is clearly understood.
* Also, there are GUIDED NOTES included in the lesson to encourage students to actively participate in learning the material. The notes are useful in any and all reviews for future assignments, including homework, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
^ This lesson is aligned with CCSS standards
* Thank you for your interest.
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!!!