Happy to offer teachers the following power point over Graphing Quadratic Inequalities with GUIDED NOTES!
* This lesson covers four types of quadratic inequalities
* Students learn the difference between the region that is shaded and the region that is not shaded when graphing a quadratic inequality
* Students review the meaning of dotted and solid lines when graphing quadratic inequalities
* Students learn that there are an infinite number of solutions to quadratic inequalities
* Students review how to recognize parabolas that open up and parabolas that open down
* Students review the steps previously learned in graphing quadratic equations (finding the vertex and additional points that make up the inequality
* Students review the line that corresponds to "less than" and :"greater than" symbols
* Students review the line that corresponds to "less than or equal to" and "greater than or equal to" symbols
* Students apply their knowledge to a real life word problem involving flashlights.
* The lesson is aligned with CC standards
* I feel confident that students will find the lesson clear and easily understood, while instructors should find the lesson practical and readily delivered to their students.
* I have included a 6 question "follow up assessment' to provide students with immediate feedback as to their understanding and to provide instructors with data on the lesson comprehension. ANSWER KEY IS INCLUDED
* Also included are GUIDED NOTES intended to encourage active participation from the students while the lesson is being presented. The notes are also beneficial to students when reviewing for quizzes, tests, and final exams.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!